Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stupide Americain

Okay...so the French people have not called me stupid, but it is I who calls myself stupid!  I took a walk to the supermarket and went up to the door.  It wasn't opening, so I sort of stood there and acted like I was looking for something in my purse.  A couple of old guys were standing in the parking lot and talking.  Finally, I pried the doors open, and pushed my way in.  The look of suprise on a custome's face was priceless.  Luckily, he was the only one near where I was.  He pointed to where the entrance was....a little farther to the right of the building.  Boy did I feel stupid, I entered through the exit door!  The sad part is that I was at the store the day before!  Okay....for stupid thing number two...yes, there's more, I needed some lotion so I went to the isle where that sort of stuff was.  I found some that was a wonderful vanilla scent.  When I was using it, I thought the French must have a different way to make lotion, because it was sort of slippery feeling and took a bit of rubbing to get it into my skin.  After applying this lotion to my skin for several days, I really took a look at the lable.  It wasn't lotion, it was soap for the shower!  So, I've been coating myself with soap every morning.  Luckily it didn't dry me out!  Sheesh!  I blame all of this on the fact that I'm using so many brain cells learning at the school, that my mind shuts down on the simple stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I felt badly for you on this day! I guess live and learn! :0)

    ReplyDelete